top of page

Building from the ground up!

Welcome back! As I said in my previous blog entry, I was starting to re-storyboard the entire film. While there were certainly some shots that worked in the original, I was afraid that relying on reusing old shots would make me lazier, and unwilling to really think through the shots.

I started off by thumbnailing the entire film on paper. I took individual photos of every thumbnail, and then make "re-draws" of every single one! Here's an example of what I am talking about:



Same shot, just polished up! This really helped me out, because I wasn't focussing on how pretty the shots were when I was creating them, I was just worried about composition and storytelling. There are 186 shots in my film, and I have redrawn about 120 of them so far. Making significant progress!

Additionally, I created some artwork for Evan:

As you can see, this was a productive week! Can't wait to share the animatic next week.


79 views1 comment

1 Comment

Excellent work Adam! I am looking forward to seeing the new boards!

bottom of page